Monday, August 29, 2011

This way of life...

Page 16 "There is however a vast amount of fun about it all. I suppose some would be shocked at our seeming worldliness and levity. But just underneath there is a deadly earnestness. Faith has to work twenty-four hours a day in and through us or we perish."

The past few days have brought horrible tragedy as well as joyful fellowship. As a friend of mine who just celebrated his 10 years last night puts it..."That's just life"

I still have the tendency to want to make it all about me in my mind. But at least today that is as far as it usually gets. My actions for the most part are not ruled by my emotions. My actions are ruled more by principles. My God makes that happen not me.

Another good friend always says "just keep steppin". That is my only choice, because my will, my emotions, my arrangements lead only to chaos.

I love Alcoholics Anonymous. I love the Fellowship, and I love the Program, without you people showing me the way to the steps and helping me through them I would have died without being given the Power to recover and help others. And that is where real peace, joy and freedom exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment