Sunday, May 20, 2012

Where am I today?

My sponsor says it all the time... Where are you today? What actions are you taking today?  How is your spiritual connection today? 

30 days or 30 years it doesn't matter.  What am I doing today to help the man that is still sick?  When was I conscious of my last spiritual experience?  Am I still trying to live off of my past accomplishments. (resting on my laurels).  Am I still trying to live off of last weeks cheese burger?

Am I still spending more time in meeting s sharing what it was like, rather than what it is like now?  I don't know about everyone else but it sucked and now it rocks!!! Never mind the musty past.  There is no hope there. 

My hope, my joy,  my peace and my happiness are right now, they are internal.  They are a result of aligning my will with God's Will. I would rather share about that.  If I would rather spend time reliving the past then it must be a sign that I am not doing what it takes to get the most out of each and every moment today....

God help me to stay in the moment....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Jerry. I'm with you on this. If it ain't happenin NOW, it might as well have never happened.The past is of no use except for the experience of the process, and the ability to repeat it daily.

    ReplyDelete