Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Power of Truth

Are you tired of hearing the same old worn out one liners in meetings?  Are you tired of hearing error?  Are you tired of hearing the disease speak through people instead of a Higher power?

Live the Truth.  Let God demonstrate through us what He can do.  We can't always live perfectly but we can live honestly.

Speak the Truth.  Not in anger, not at anybody.  Carry the message of Hope straight from the book.  Day in and day out.  Share Hope. But don't share it very long, a simple to the point share full of Truth rarely lasts longer than 2 or 3 minutes.

Teach the Truth.  How do we bring AA back to the principles that have worked for so many? One drunk at a time that is how.  We have to quit fighting the old guard, the sickest of the sick, and just teach the Clear Message of Hope to the newcomer.

I don't believe that the newcomer is the sickest person in the room.  I believe the dry drunks and the heavy drinkers are the sickest people in the rooms.  The old timers that are real alcoholics are either Living the Truth today or they are dead.  The ones that are hanging around spewing BS are not real alcoholics, not according to my book.  We can't change them, only God can do that. 

I used to get baited into windy arguments with these people.  I try not to do that today.  I try to focus on the Solution, on the newcomers and on my brothers and sisters that are on the firing line with me.

If you disagree feel free, but I am probably not going to argue with you if you do.  If your life has been changed as mine has, then you know what the Power of God can do. If not then I can show you how it worked for me.  A lot of us can...

Peace

Jerry





No comments:

Post a Comment