Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lost Another One...

Lost another one to this disease on Sunday. Suicide, he could not grasp this design for living. I need to remember just how truly blessed I really am. But for the Grace of God, there I am. Complaining over the sad state of the nation or this fellowship is not enough, attending a few "discussion" meetings and playing the AA big shot is not enough.

My God requires me to get in the trenches, to carry this message, to sit down one on one with another alcoholic. This is what is demanded of me.

If you want to talk about the absolute devastation of this disease, the crying children, the suffering families or a pain inside so great that you would rather end your life than keep living, I will listen.

If you want to experience the Solution, a Power greater than yourself and this disease, then I can show you how I found that. I won't tell you about my day, and I won't tell you war stories. What I will show you is how to have a personal relationship with a Power greater than yourself that will solve your problems.

Thank God when I got here, people had the courage and the fire in their belly to show me the Truth. To make me understand that I was saved from this disease for a purpose.

This is my truth as I understand it. The day I no longer want to carry this message, the day I think I have done enough, the day I think I can sit back and throw out one liners at a meeting and look important. That will be the day my usefulness will be done.

So please in the next meeting, let's talk about the insanity of alcoholism, let's talk about the Power of God, but let's not talk about our day, we may be killing the dude in the next chair...

No comments:

Post a Comment