Monday, March 24, 2014

Just do it...

Taking the actions "suggested" in the Big Book works.  Every time!!! If this is our experience then why do so many fail to take them on a regular basis?  It is because the true awareness of step one does not remain with us.  When we are driven into the rooms, a lot of us are desperate...  We are willing to do anything to relieve the pain of this disease... But as the pain goes away, the ego rebuilds and we become convinced we are doing a great job at staying sober...


The instant that happens whether 2 weeks in or 2 years in or 20 years in, we try to take back control, demand to have our own way, and the relapse has begun.


The only way I have found to continue to have the step one experience is to work with other alcoholics. It refreshes our step one experience...


I was as recovered on week 3 of this deal as I am today... God removed the obsession to drink and use!!! But I am not cured!!!  The book is very clear on this.  I must help other people I must go out everyday and help God's kids for free and for fun.


It doesn't matter how I feel, what I think, or what I believe... What matters is that I get off of my self centered butt and take some action...


Peace


Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment