Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Unchanged

I have been going through some ups and down lately... Nothing major, just changes... Mindy reminds me all of the time, no matter what the problem is the answer is always the same... And it is...


The Solution to my problems big or small, is that conscious contact with God.  It is the absolute certainty we have that our Creator has entered our hearts and lives in a way which is indeed miraculous...


The only way I know of to keep that vital connection is take the actions laid out in the Big Book... If we are not doing that on a daily basis then we are not taking care of the maintenance of our spiritual condition and that will result in the loss of our connection to the Creator, our brain will start leading, instead of our God and we will be in real trouble.


Are we doing the "do" things? Stop, pause, turn, ask, help, pray...  If not then why not?  I am recovered from a seemingly hopeless state of mind and body... But I am not cured... If I don't take the action the alcoholism will lead me back to those selfish self centered thoughts, the dishonesty, the fear, the resentments and ultimately chaos and doom...


Life can be challenging, but it is never, NEVER bigger than our God...



No comments:

Post a Comment