Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My First Sponsor...

It is hard to believe he has been gone 3 years... He always told me the truth... These are just a few of his thoughts...

Thank you Jerry Hammond...


It doesn’t matter what you believe when you get here it matters what you do.

Quit playing God

You don’t have to understand God, just knowing it ain’t you will be fine for now.

Think Think Think is not for me

Help others

Hitting people in the mouth is not really how we do things in AA

How do you know what they need, you don’t even know what you need

Its not all about me

The solution isn’t for people who need it or want it; it’s for people that do the work.

Maybe we’ll give old so and so a good letting alone

Quit playing the big shot

You don’t know anything, if you think you know something then you are in real trouble.

Once you come into AA you never have to be alone again unless you talk too long in a meeting

Maybe you should just be a member of AA

Go light the heaters and make coffee

Terminal uniqueness will kill your ass

Newcomers need first aid let’s get them through the steps so they can get a little relief

You are not the spiritual leader of the western hemisphere!!!

Sitting down in an AA meeting equals about 2 fingers of vodka Aaaahhhh!!

Try reading only the black parts of the book

It doesn’t say that

About 98% of us die from this shit

Always make new friends in AA

Suit up, show up, and maybe even shutup

Always keep your word.  Do what you say you will do always

The guys in an AA meeting that aren’t alcoholics are killing the newcomers

Always shake hands with the new guy

Resentments are being pissed off cause you didn’t get what you wanted;  fears are being afraid you won’t get what you want

This is a program about getting pissed off and getting over it.

It’s about forgiving and being forgiven

Always pray before a meeting; Keep my ass sitting in this chair no matter what

A man who sponsors himself has an idiot for a sponsor

You are not special

Try to see how you are like other alcoholics not different from them

Let me think was I with hostage number 1 or hostage number 2 when that happened

If I spend 50% of my time staying out of your business and half my time minding my own I have a pretty good day.

Invite God into your day…  God I invite you into my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment