Thursday, October 29, 2009

Conformity

Conforming to anything in this day and age has more negative connotations than positive. However, that is not my experience. Conforming my will to God's is the way to serenity and peace in my life. We are in the world to play the role He assigns. Just to the extent that we do as we think He would have us, and humbly rely on Him, does he enable us to match calamity with serenity. (AA Big Book) Pg. 68

How do I accomplish this? First of all I have to quit playing God, second I have to ask for His Guidance (pray), and lastly I have to listen (meditate). What will I do today that is more important than spending time with the Creator of the universe? Absolutely Nothing. When all else fails then I must take an action that gets me out of my self. Because God's Will is never that I be focused on me.

Do I fail miserably at this sometimes? Yes, but progress not perfection right?

No comments:

Post a Comment