Monday, October 26, 2009

Honesty

The Program of AA as outlined in the first 164 pages of the Big Book does not say that we have to be totally honest to stop drinking or using. It states on page 58 that we will develop a manner of living which demands rigorous honesty. This is good news for me. I am no more capable of being honest than I am of staying sober. My Higher Power has to handle this for me also.

If we are waiting to be acceptable to people or to God before launching out on this course of action, we will probably die. Jump in with both feet. Get a sponsor. Work the steps, pray, meditate, work with others. You will be amazed what will be accomplished in your life through these simple actions. You don't have to believe anything you simply have to be willing and take the action. It works, it really does....

No comments:

Post a Comment